The Belden Brick Company

The Belden Brick Company

PO Box 20910, Canton 44701, Ohio

330-451-2031
Type:
Manufacturers
Categories:
General info

The Belden Brick Company traces its roots to the Diebold Fire Brick Company organized in Canton, Ohio in 1885 by Henry S. Belden and four associates. The Belden Brick Company owns and operates six plants in Tuscarawas County, employs approximately 500 people and has an annual production capacity of nearly 250 million standard brick equivalent (sbe). Plant 3 and one line at Plant 8 produce soft mud (machine-molded) brick while the other facilities all produce extruded brick products.

The Belden Brick Company also owns and operates two brick distributorships, The Belden Brick Sales Co. in Fraser, Michigan and Belden Brick Sales & Service, Inc. in New York, New York and Saddle Brook, New Jersey. In the fall of 1996, The Belden Brick Company bought Redland Brick Inc., which consisted of three brick plants, Harmar Brick near Pittsburgh, Cushwa Brick in Williamsport, Maryland, and KF Brick near Hartford, Connecticut. In the spring of 2000, Redland Brick Inc. purchased the Rocky Ridge (MD) plant. Redland Brick Inc. continues to operate its four plants under its own management as a wholly owned subsidiary of Belden Holding & Acquisition, Inc., the parent company of The Belden Brick Company.

In the US brick industry, The Belden Brick Company is the sixth largest (by production volume) manufacturer. Belden Brick is the largest family owned and managed brick company in the United States.